Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Appreciation



I had a good conversation with a friend today about realizing the beauty in everyday life. Small children are so good at seeing the beauty and possibly in everything. They do not have the same practicality that we can be constrained by. (I can be way too practical.) We are surrounded by so much beauty everyday, yet it is so easy to miss with all of our hussle and bussle. This has prompted me to make a list of the beauty in my days...

5:30 a.m. yoga at the lake
water droplets on the grass
pretending we are opera singers at dinner
roasting marshmallows on bamboo skewers over tealights to make s'mores
the steamy inhale after a shower
the hum of the sewing machine
standing on the couch eating my cereal and watching the happenings outside
watching my disc fly through the air during disc golf(and finding it after losing it)
job leads
a full stomach after a family picnic
cupcakes
bright skittles in my birdie vessel
creating art for an upcoming show(more on that later)
listening to laughter
the singing birds every morning
evening strolls
the guy at the convenience shop wearing the tiny top hat
fresh greens
the intoxicating scent of lilacs
gift giving
everything always working out(I guess there's a lesson in everything)
giving advice and recieving advice
reading, reading, reading
my grandma's hilarious stories(thanks jen)
sunshine
bare feet
happy mail
new music
sitting on the patio
watching the boys smell tulips as tall as them at the flower gardens
salty chips and dip
falling into bed exhausted
fuzzy caterpillars dropping out of the trees(and the squeals that follow)
Phantom of the Opera(thanks Don and Paula)
sharing our days by fuzzy lamplight in the evening
my beautiful friends and family

0 comments: