Sunday, April 3, 2011



my music today was in the street
the thick warbling accent of the woman preceding me in line
the twinkling of the vegetable seed carousel at the hardware store
the ebb and flow of traffic
endless conversations of passersby
children laughing
children screaming
everyone beautiful
everyone valuable
in their own special way

the world was my museum today
the patterns of chipping paint on the worn porch floor of the cafe
the patterns of people come and gone
the endless movement of people
going here
going there
the steam from my masala chai traveling up to my delighted nose
I see the first hints of spring coming forth
I see lights dangling in the trees
old vines swaying in the breeze

the world is my teacher and my guide today
every being
every object
offering up lessons
providing guidance for the journey
namaste world
namaste

0 comments: